1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by curtiss, Jan 29, 2011.

1. curtiss

curtiss Member

My bosses 2005 F250 stroker keeps shutting off by itself any one know why?? thanks

2. LVHardscape

LVHardscape Member

fuel injector circuit boards are known to fry. 750 dollars will get you a new one. you can visually crack the box open and look at the board, its evident when it burns. alot of times they burn and continue to slowly die. sometimes they just crap out all together. thats where my moneys at. or check your fuel. if its cold you might be jelling. any check codes? more info that just "shutting off" would be helpfull.

3. curtiss

curtiss Member

^^ no check codes....sorry bout that i dont have that much info on it i wasnt driving that truck

4. LVHardscape

LVHardscape Member

where do you live, how cold was it when the truck was turning off? do you think your fuel jelled? do you run additives in the winter time to prevent against jelling.

when is the last time the primary and secondary fuel filters were changed? you'll need a 36mm socket to change them. worth doing. Ford reccommends every 3rd oil change. filters are about 50 dollars for both at your local autozon or parts store.

5. LVHardscape

LVHardscape Member

your fuel pump will also shut off if in-adequate pressure is never reached in the system, which would cause a shutdown.

6. curtiss

curtiss Member

Live up in CT and it was about 7degrees out that day....and i dont think we put any thing in to provent jelling...and to be honest i cant tell you when the truck had the filters changed my boss brings it to get work done.... and thanks by the way

7. curtiss

curtiss Member

just got the truck back the other day.........i believe it was a computer to the fuel filter it just kept shutting off so they put new computers in but all that matters is the truck runs now just in time for spring cleanups