1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by campi, Oct 6, 2003.

1. campi

campi Member

Hi, can use some help. i have chevy 1 ton 350 engine th 400 trans 1 WAS REBUILT 1 YR AGO HEAVY DUTY BANDS & CLUTCHES NEW FLY WHEEL & CONVERTER , SHIFT KIT !! TRUCK SHIFTED LIKE SILK. THE TRUCK HAS BEEN SITTING FOR 4 MPONTHS DUE TO PUTTING NEW FRONT CLIP PLUS MUCH BODY WORK. STARTED DRIVING IT AGAIN GETTING READY FOR PLOW SEASON ! NOW IT SHIFTS SLOW IF I TAKE OFF FAST OK BUT NORMAN IT WINES OUT BEFORE IT SHIFTS ANY ANSERS tHANKS CAMPI !!!!!!

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Broken modulator valve diaphragm or vacuum line.It could also be the govenor sticking,or something in the valve body.I'd check out the modulator valve and vacuum lines first,and if not,do a trans service and drive it for a bit to see if it free's up.