1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ramrod98, Feb 25, 2010.

1. ramrod98

ramrod98 Member
    from NEPA

need help fast. in the middle of a snowstorm here in Pa.
    Plow worked fine. just came in from plowing and need to go back out pretty soon.
    Plow doesn't work all of a sudden. I disconnected the plug from the switch(in the truck) and jumpered it. Got the plow to drop. Need to know what wires to jump to make it raise the plow so i can try to figure out hwere my problems at. Do you need to jump more than one spot at a time ? any help would be appreciated

2. ramrod98

ramrod98 Member
    from NEPA

right bottom pin is power. above that runs the solenoid when i jump to it. I don't know what the rest are and only one dropped the plow. All others did not make the plow move at all

3. ramrod98

ramrod98 Member
    from NEPA

sorry, it is a minute mount 1. I see i didn't mention that before

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

so you disconnected the controller from the control harness, and then jumped.....what?

Are you refereeing to this test?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  5. RepoMan207

from Maine

Sorry, I just re read your posts fully. I see now that is exactly what you did.

Is your plow motor engaging during any of this?

If your plow motor is engaging, then you have a control issue, most likely the connector at the grill, but it could be anywhere from the controller all the way out to the cartridge coils on the plow. Check the simple things right off, the accessory fuse off the end of the control harness, connectors, loose or broken wires.

If your plow motor isn't engaging, or the solenoid is merely clicking; go to your solenoid (motor relay) under the hood, take a screw driver or wire and jump the the two big terminals. Does the plow motor engage now? If yes, then you need to replace the solenoid. If no, take a set of jumper cables and jump the plow motor directly off the truck's battery. If it engages it's obviously good, look over your power harnesses and connections. If it still doesn't engage then the issue is most likely a bad pump motor.

For all functions to just stop working I would suspect a connection issue, if not a solenoid issue. Let me know where you stand after checking these things.

6. ramrod98

ramrod98 Member
    from NEPA

Hi, thanks for the reply. I was out working on it and didn't get your message until now.
    I got it fixed. There was a flat broze band inside the controller thta had a piece of it missing. I soldered a piece of wire to each point. that brough tpower back into the controller and the plow now works. I am thrilled ot have the information that you sent to me. I will know how to test the controller now in the future. thanks again, I really appreciated it

7. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

I wonder if the op is a fan on super troopers? :laughing:

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

no problem.

lmao. :laughing: