1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help With Wording on bid Please

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ffjohn, Nov 4, 2002.

1. ffjohn

ffjohn Junior Member
    from mn

Hello snow plowers. I need some help here. I mostly only do grass cutting, but a summer client of mine wants me to plow for her this winter. It's a 20 unit townhome. I sat down at my computer and tried turning a grass cutting proposal into a snow plowing proposal, but got stumped because I don't know the proper wording. If someone could fax or e-mail me a copy of thiers, I would be happy I don't know what I'd do! I bidding monthly, and will have to do sidewalks to. Any help would be great. John Fax 952-440-5290 E-mail qlcmail@aol.com

2. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

You're bidding monthly... meaning a set seasonal contract price including plowing and walks and then billing the total amount over xx months?

You'll want to state what it is that you're doing:

Contract period is from .... to....
    When will you plow/shovel.... trigger depth
    What areas will be serviced... define these
    If you're de-icing define this
    Will be doing loader work, piling or hauling (removal)?
    Landscape repair as a result of plow damage?

State your prices for the work. Also state if there are any limitations. Such as a limit on the number of plows for the season, after which time you will charge xx per push. If you want this type of clause or similar.

Any stipulations or terms for your contract should also be included.

Hope this helps.

3. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Do a search under contracts, there should be lots of great threads to look through. If not, I know the SIMA website has what you are looking for.

If you still have know luck, email me, I will get you something. Welcome to plowsite.:waving: /CGB

4. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Almost every search ends in the phrase "Join SIMA" or"Visit the SIMA Website", which again you have to join SIMA to view any contracts. It is hard to find anything on search that does not end in either of these 2 phrases. Rarely if ever does the search end with a usable contract or a reasonible facsmile.

Are people affraid to share thier contracts?

:confused:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2002
  5. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Heck no, alot of good information I have in my contract came from mebers of plowsite and SIMA. What kind of contract are you working on again, residential or commercial. Email me your fax number and I will get you a copy.

CGB

6. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

John
    I am faxing you a copy of our snow contract.

7. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

J Henderson -

There is a difference between sharing among SIMA members and sharing among Plowsite members. Plowsite is a club of sorts. So is SIMA. Anyone can join either. The only difference is that SIMA uses a qualifier of membership and the related cost to join. It takes an additional commitment to the industry and your business to feel as if it's worth the investment in membership.

There is a lot of very valuable sharing on this site. I could never give back to it what I get from it. There are many terrific members here who take the time to respond to questions to help out the next guy. However, the level of sharing and networking is not the same on an anonymous web forum as it is within SIMA either on the phone with members, in person or on the message forum.

I'm sure many are hesitant to share information that they have invested heavily in so that any body can hitch on for a free ride. SIMA becomes a qualifier of sorts. Before throwing out information where thousands of dollars have been invested, those of us who have made the investment would like to know that it's not being taken advantage of.

I personally do not want to share my residential and/or commercial contracts, addendums, or subcontractors agreements which I have personally put over 100 man hours into not including nearly a $1,000 in legal fees with anyone.

I will donate my contracts, etc. to the SIMA Book of Forms project so that my information could be used among SIMA members. Yes, I have invested the time and money and I'm protective, but I'm also giving back to the same organization that helped to provide the information to me. I feel like I'm returning something. Hopefully other members will be able to benefit from what I have to offer.

SIMA is a choice that each company/owner must make as to whether being a member is beneficial for them. With SIMA I personally believe a company will go further faster than without the networking potential. The reason you see posts about "Join SIMA" is that the members understand the benefit of being a member and how so many questions can be answered through the organization better than they can on this site.

I obviously don't speak for SIMA or others in the organization, but these are my perceptions of what I see and how I perceive what you see as SIMA members being protective of their contracts, etc.

I welcome anyone to email me or call me and I'd be happy to share what I can if it's applicable for what someone is doing. Just as what others do is not right for me, as an owner of a company, you really have to know what you need. Any blank contract/form will not work (I do not think contracts should be cut and pasted without knowing what's in them) and it would be irresponsible for me to just throw information out there without it being qualified to some degree first.

8. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

I t would be nice that if on the SIMA website that there could be some sort of trial membership to see samples of the contracts. I am very close on joining SIMA and want to know really what I am getting.

I guess I was playing more of a devils advocate more than anything. I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Is there anyone from IOWA/ILLINOIS Quad City area that is a member that wouldn't mind speaking to me more about the benefits of SIMA? There might even be a lunch in it for ya!! :D

9. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

just going to the symposium was worth the cost of membership for me. st louis was my first meeting.... plans are already made for buffalo next year!

10. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

To bad the golf season is over in Galena, I would have met you for 18 holes. Nothing better than talking snowplowing on the golf course with a fellow snowplowing junky!

I think I can explain some of the benifits.

1) Networking capabilities - Lots of people willing to help and striving towards same goal.
    2.) Continuing efforts to make snowplowing professionals seen on same level as other professional occupations. This effort is vital to all snowplowing contractors, who want to see their buisnesses grow and prosper. The larger we grow the more we will be heard.
    3.) CSP Designation: Although I am not certified, the benifits to becoming certified are obvious. What a great marking tool for company's in the snowplowing industry. An orginazation that certifies and controls continued education for snowplowing professionals. An association solely founded to keep snoplowing professionals at the top of there game(so to speak).

These are just a few benifits, many others!

I can honestly say that joining SIMA in early 2001 has saved me thousands of $'s. Not to mention the wealth of knowledge I have learned in the past 10 months. Just from attending the St. Louis symp. I learned how to generate an addititonal 35% of revenue untilizing the same equipment. This is impressive considering the bulk of my work is in the residential market.

Just some food for thought. CGB :waving: