1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with wiring

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by smokeum99ta, Feb 8, 2010.

1. smokeum99ta

smokeum99ta Junior Member

I have two trucks. One 98 dodge that has a western plow on it but is broke down now. The other is a 2007 ford 350 that just purchased that used to have a plow on it. The plow mounts are the same for both trucks which is awesome but the wiring is different. Old truck has 9 pin and 2 pin connectors the new one has a 2 pin, 3 pin and 11 pin connector on it. What do I have to do to get the plow controls to work on the new truck (im not concerned about the lights). I have no issues cutting the harness up to get it to work.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Change the headlight and control harness on the plow. Any western or fisher dealer should have the harness' that you need, just tell them your going from a relay to a 4 port iso on the plow side.