1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with wiring kit part number???

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by gtojudge24, Sep 27, 2013.

1. gtojudge24

gtojudge24 Junior Member
    from Leo, IN

I have a 93 GMC K3500 and just purchased a western plow 7'6 (60381) Looking for a wiring/wire kit to connect to truck. Any help be great.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Have you tried eBay?

3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

need to see which headlights you have on the truck. most common would be HB3/HB4, but could also be regular dual sealed beams (2B), or quad (LF/UF) sealed beams. if it is a unimount plow and still set up for relay wiring, then the part number for the main harness kit, if the truck is HB3/HB4, would be 61515. that would have everything in it but the battery cables and solenoid. the part numbers for those would be 61169, 22511k, and 56131k-2.
    hope that is the info you were needing.

4. gtojudge24

gtojudge24 Junior Member
    from Leo, IN

Headlights

Mine have the plastic 2 bulb High Low single unit with the turn light under it. rectangle shape. IF that helps. this is not my truck but a pic to show what mine looks like

headlights 93.jpg

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  5. dieselss

That's the hb3 hb4 set up.

6. gtojudge24

gtojudge24 Junior Member
    from Leo, IN

thanks ya'll for the help!

7. dieselss

So do you have a unimount or ulta mount?

8. gtojudge24

gtojudge24 Junior Member
    from Leo, IN

Unimount

I have a unimount. 60381 is the number on the back of the plow.

IMG_20130920_183522_159.jpg

9. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yes, that's a unimount and still has relay wiring, and yes, those are hb3/hb4 headlights on the truck, so the part numbers I listed are correct. thanks for posting pics! let us know if you need anything else.

10. gtojudge24

gtojudge24 Junior Member
    from Leo, IN

Thanks

Soon as i get new wire mess in and put on will update with issues or completion photos. Thanks again for all the help this far.

11. gtojudge24

gtojudge24 Junior Member
    from Leo, IN

On a funny note thats my daughter in right corner holding the edge of the plow, and informing me that this is a heavy shovel and I should get a lighter one to shovel snow!!!! Almost fell down laughing. Kids and the simple thoughts they share!

12. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Yea! For sure!

13. gtojudge24

gtojudge24 Junior Member
    from Leo, IN

harness kit

Okay so i got 61169- Power/Ground harness, 56131 solenoid, 22511 battery cable. But I need the harness kit numbers for everything else or a good site to go to, to get it. 93 gmc K3500 7.4L HB3 HB4. I have the joystick but he harness that came with it is destroyed. :mechanic: is that the 61515? Also would the 61716 work since i dont have DRL?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  14. gtojudge24

gtojudge24 Junior Member
    from Leo, IN

Question

I guess lets assume I have nothing but the plow, mount, and joystick. What numbers, Kit, or place or site i can get what i need. Not to be redundant but, just want to make sure I get right stuff. Thanks again to all the help/

15. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

hi again! yes the 61515 is the kit you need. that 61716 is the correct headlight harness, but it is in the 61515 kit. that kit would have it, the main harness, the relays, and little connectors and stuff. and that 61716 harness has gotten expensive the last year or two, and so is the main harness, so don't buy them separately!!

so yes, the 61515 together with the battery cables and solenoid that you already got, and you're good to go for wiring.

16. gtojudge24

gtojudge24 Junior Member
    from Leo, IN

Lost in plows LOL

Thanks i was getting so confused with all these numbers I had going on. Almost ready to post pics of plow ready truck. Got the mount on last night and got the joystick mounted and just need my wires and I will officially be ready to post my gas guzzlin road hoggin beast I couldn't do with out! LOL :drinkup:

17. gtojudge24

gtojudge24 Junior Member
    from Leo, IN

Completed Plow Job With Picture Of My Plow Truck!!!

Finally Done. Here are the updated part numbers that I got with my wiring kit. And i also found out that this kit is discontinued now. Hope this helps somebody. Again thanks for all the help in prior post.

Part numbers# / THIS KIT WILL WORK WITH (HB3-HB4, 2B-2D, DUAL OR QUAD, AMERICAN OR CANADIAN)

22511K -22" RED BATTERY CABLE

61169 - BLACK/RED BATTERY HARNESS : REV 7 12/27/11

56131K-2 - SOLENOID

61585 - HARNESS KIT WITH DRL "CAN BE USED WITH NON DRL
    "9 PIN = 61437 : REV 7 / 12 PIN = 61557 : REV 5"

W-61586 / F-8268 = HEADLIGHT HARNESS WITH DRL (CAN USE ON NON DRL)
    "REV 5 (01-09-97) = LOT# 61581

RELAY - 3 NEEDED - (PC792A-1C-C-125-N-X / NO:40A NC30A)
    "NOTE" 1 MAY BE NEEDED FOR SOME TRUCKS WITH ROOF MARKER LIGHTS. IF TURN SIGNALS DO NOT WORK OR ALL FLASH AT SAME TIME, AFTER INSTALL THIS ONE WILL BE NEEDED TO BYPASS THE HARNESS. THERE IS NO RIME OR REASON. JUST DEPENDS ON HOW THE ROOF LIGHTS ARE WIRED. **I HAVE A MECHANIC'S GUIDE COPY ON THIS ISSUE**

IMG_20131031_175636_328.jpg

18. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

uhhh. that's some oddball stuff for Canada there. you just needed the numbers I listed. .. unless it's a Canadian truck I guess.

19. gtojudge24

gtojudge24 Junior Member
    from Leo, IN

It Was A Canadian Kit. I Took Numbers Right Off Tags. Tried To Post Good Info From What I Got. Long List It Was.

20. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

cool man. thanks.