1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help with wiring issue

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by blaryslawn, Dec 13, 2010.

1. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

ok heres the story, I had an 8' unimount on a 96 chevy. I converted the wiring over on the plow to the ultramount style. I plan on putting it on a 01 dodge 2500. I have the entire wiring harness, iso box etc..... for the chevy... now i think the headlights on the truck are different. The iso box has 4 ports on it... I have been told that i need to buy all new wiring etc.. I know i need a different mount. can i make this wiring work. I dont know too much about these, i was just thinking i need a different headlight harness to plug into the box. I am just trying to keep from spending over 1k for the parts but if it wont work i guess theres no other options. any help is appreciated
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No need to replace it all. I find when dealers claim this it's either because they just want to sell it all new to you, or they just won't take the time look it up and piece it together for you.

If the Iso you have is a white label 26400 you can use it on the Dodge. Then you just need the correct headlamp harness's and you're good to go.

However if the Iso is an old yellow label I wouldn't recommend using it and instead purchase the correct 26400.