1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help With Whelen Edge Parts...

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by EvenCutLawnCare, Nov 26, 2010.

1. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

Hey Guys,

I just bought a full size whelen edge withn the traffic arrows on the back. The bar came with no bulbs in the front part of the bar and 3 of the bulbs in the traffic arrows are not working. My questions are:

What bulbs do I need to replace the ones that are burned out?

What do I need to make the front functional? Lokks like the wiring is there just no bulbs....

Can I add work/Alley lights if I dont already have them?

Thanks, Matt

2. dakotaskustoms

dakotaskustoms Senior Member

It depends on which style they are. The older versions had halogen lamps that were not replaceable. The newer ones have twist-lock style and can be replaced. If you attach a few photos I can help you figure out which style you need.

3. EvenCutLawnCare

Okay ill get some posted tonight

4. EvenCutLawnCare

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  5. SnowJersey

SnowJersey Senior Member

for the front your gonna need the square style strobe reflectors. these bulbs are not replaceable as they are built into the housing.

I have 4 strobe bulb/reflectors, cables and a quad flash power supply if your interested. Not the prettiest but i just powered them all up and they work great. i'll even include the linear reflectors in the back.

i can't pm yet but feel free to email me ksfenn@gmail.com. Im not looking for much for it as i don't have a use anymore
    here's a pic.
    [​IMG]

6. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Even, used bar can really be a money pit. if you email me the web site link ill see what you have. sent it to louis@strobesnmore.com. I would just be cautious as to what you spend. if you spend a bunch of money on it and you loose a power supply a new one is 300.00. Louis

7. SnowJersey

SnowJersey Senior Member

he can have that power supply and bulbs for no where near that :blush2:

8. EvenCutLawnCare

What kind do I have and What do I need to make mine work? Like I said wires seem to be there ut no bulbs.... Ill take a pic with the front lenses off

9. EvenCutLawnCare

10. SnowJersey

SnowJersey Senior Member

11. EvenCutLawnCare

Pics

Ist Pic is back of the bar

2nd Pic is the bulbs in the back, 3 are burned out

3rd pic is front area that is missing bulbs

lb1.jpg

lb2.jpg

lb3.jpg

12. SnowJersey

SnowJersey Senior Member

have you powered it up yet?

13. EvenCutLawnCare

yes, The corner strobes function as they should. The traffic advisor and controller function as they should with the exception of the burned out bulbs.

14. SnowJersey

SnowJersey Senior Member

15. EvenCutLawnCare

Not sure, Theyre completely missing. The reflectors do have what looks like some type of "twist lock" setup. I thought those were what I needed initially but just wanted to make sure

16. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

the traffic advisor is halogen and uses either 27 or 35 watt bulbs which are a snap in or snap lock. snowjersey is right in that whay he has is much cheaper. We posted at the same time and I was talking a new power supply replacement. Problem with those older bars is that there are a few different power supplies for them and matching them up can be a pain. Like I said in my original post, used lightbars can be a money pit. Just consider what its actually going to cost you before spending a ton of money on it. You can buy a responder for 300.00 dollars which will be brighter than an older 8 strobe lightbar with old strobes in it.

17. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

There is a web site I found that has good pricing on strobe parts it is

www.ranger-services.com

check them out, I found parts for and older EDGE lightbar at a REALLY gooooood price.