1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with warrenty issues??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jvm81, Nov 22, 2006.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have a 2002 GMC 2500HD. The guys put a little dent in the back panel by the rear wheel and I am getting that fixed. We got looking at the bumper and the auto guy said he thought GM had warrenty on bumper - bumper for 100K or 6 yrs. I have 74K on truck and the back bumper does nothing but rust. I polish it and it seems to come out to the most part but it is always rusty. Is this covered??

Also my Low Coolant light comes on and the tank under the hood is low. I read my book and they say all fluids and engine related is under warranty to 100K or 6 years.

Now can anyone tell me for sure if this is so b/f I go to the dealer and get the run around??

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I would guess low coolant is not going to be covered, they are going to tell you its regular maintenance. As for of the bumper I can't believe a ext warranty will cover the cost of a rusted bumper but it might worth a try.

Regards Mike
  3. oakvillerex

oakvillerex Member

I believe most warranty's are voided by installing a blade, also get the cooling system pressure tested you might have a leak the dexcool is **** and eats at everything. do a search on google and just type in GM DEXCOOL you will be surprised at what you will find.
  4. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

If the truck was built with a snow plow prep package - stand your ground on the warranty.

I had my bumper replaced because of rust at 54k this was under warranty.

I power flush my full coolant system every year. If you want to see something cool take an voltage meter and test the voltage of the coolant - no kidding, pocitive in the fluid and negative to a good ground. As the voltage of the coolant reaches 1 volt it is very acidic and will eat all things aluminum.
  5. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

Jeff he's referring to the new warranty came out with a while back. 100k 6 years is on all new vehicles. The duramax engine has always had that warranty though.