1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help with vee

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jce4isu, Aug 30, 2008.

1. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

i got a hell of a deal on a 7"6 boss vee i have a 05 2500hd is this plow to small????
    boss does not have wings for them

maybe someone wants to trade 4 a 8"2 vee or 8 boss
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You could run a 9 ft 'er on it.
  3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I run a 7.6 plow on my 06 2500hd.....i have had no problems
  4. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

In your sig it says you have a 1 ton srw with a 7'6" how does it work on that truck? Personally i would go with a 8' or bigger like GV said your truck can handle a 9' V.
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I agree................:drinkup:
  6. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

what year is the plow? last i checked boss offered wings for the power vees and most straight blades, heres a link to there plow options page, they are fairly pricey though, and i know theres some companies that make universal ones but they wont look as good.
  7. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

the one ton has a dmax i dont want to put to much weigh on the front end that and im to cheap to buy another plow
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

At least your honest.:drinkup:
  9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is it a regular, extended, or crew cab?

The 7.6 will barely be wide enough for a regular cab...and too narrow for an e-cab or crew. Even with a reg cab you'll be wishing the plow was wider in the scoop or V positions if it's a primary plow truck. So you may want to consider a set of Boss wings like LawnPro mentioned.

You can run the Boss wings on ANY Boss plow (thats new enough to have the diagonal cross braces on the rear of the moldboard) except the mid-weights, the 10 footers, and the XT series V plows. They'll fit any other model, including the XT straights and trip edges.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  10. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

I have and know of plenty of others that are running blizzard 810s and 8611 lo pros on duramax trucks. They are like 1000 and 1100 a piece........I wouldn't worry too much;)
  11. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

i will check in to that, the boss dealer in town said the wings wont fit a 7"6 vee

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

He's mistaken. :nod: