1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with V-XT

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bltp203, Jul 22, 2009.

1. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Well I refuse to participate in this recession we are having so I decided to purchase a second truck and a V-XT for this upcoming season. I was looking forward to having the V-XT on my truck, but I noticed that I am going to have a slight problem taking it on and off since my truck mount is 16.5 inches at its lowest. I solved that by dropping it on 4X4 pieces of wood. However, once its mounted it seems that I only have a 1/4 inch gap in the V and scoop positions. Is there anyway to adjust for this at the wedge? I didn't under stand the purpose of the wedge and didn't want to mess with it until I got some more insight from you guys. Or is the gap so small that the blade will eventually wear even? Here are some pics to help explain.

2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Oh yea, cannot forget pics of the new truck...........currently searching for a mount and harness.

3. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Nice truck Tim. Your mount really needs to be at 15 1/2" from the ground to the center of the hole. Since your a handy guy, you should be able to fabricate a plate to extend the brackets down to get to your 15 1/2". You could first try making an adjustment on the pushframe to see if that helps. Put the plow in the up position and put the wings forward. Have someone trip (pull down) the plow and undo the bolt on the pushframe. This will allow you to adjust the pitch and will help with the plow sitting level.
  4. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Just fabricate some brackets out of equal or heavier gauge steel and mount it up to 15.5" and you'll be good! Have several guys that plow with duallies with 22.5" wheels and 3/4 ton's lifted to the sky and they just fabricate up brackets. You'll be good!
  5. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I remember seeing some pics of modified Boss mounts here on the site. I tried doing a search, but no luck. If anyone has some pics of modified mounts so I have an idea of what to do that would be great.