1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with V-Box conveyor chain

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bterry, Oct 24, 2004.

1. bterry

bterry Senior Member

I have Fisher 8' v-box. The chain has been adjusted to it's max length, so I'd like to take a link out. I don't think it will be a problem, providing I take the standard link that the master connects to.

Has anyone ever shortened their chain? If so - suggestions would be appreciated.

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

We shortened the track last year on one of our salters. We looked and could not find a master link. When we phoned the dealer they said there were pins that they sell that joins the track back up. We bought them and it worked all year perfectly. They come in sets of 4. Not sure why, you only need 2.

3. bterry

bterry Senior Member

Thanks for the info. Did you cut the link I spoke of above, or did you just cut one at random?

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You have to make sure you don't cut one that has the drag bar(I don't know the proper name) on it. Besides that you can cut anyone you want. We have a Swenson but I think the are almost all the same.