1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by cquelette, Feb 3, 2014.

1. cquelette

cquelette Junior Member
    from 60440

Need help fast. Snow coming tomorrow. I was plowing yesterday and. My plow suddenly started moving slow. It has recently had fluid changed and filter cleaned. This morning when I woke up it was moving even slower. It wi not turn right and left completely but it does raise. However it is very slow. I noticed I was leaking around main hydraulic nut and I know the gasket that motor sits on looked a little warn when I replaced the fluid. Is it possible there is water in the system. Would that cause it to stop working while plowing. The motor still sounds and it wants to move but I'm getting no luck

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yea could be water. What color is the fluid?
    Could be electrical. Could be motor

3. cquelette

cquelette Junior Member
    from 60440

I replaced it with the new western blue fluid. How would I know motor is bad or if it's electrical. The lights seem to be drawing more power then what they did before

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Was the fluid milky or normal?
    Amp and volt test on the motor maybe even a psi teat

5. cquelette

cquelette Junior Member
    from 60440

The fluid looks ok but now that it's been sitting for a few hrs in the sun it's moving better. Still not great but a lot better