1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with uni and ultra mounts

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by R&R Yard Design, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Ok now let try this one more time, after hitting post nothing worked.

I am haveing some issues with my plows the trucks are 1997s 2500 and a tahoe

First with the lights off, passerger turn singal on works on the truck but no plow.

Drivers side turn singal on the truck works and both the right and left signal work on the plow.

Now, with parking lights on; running lights on truck with no lights on the plow.

When turning low beams on, they come on the truck first then switch to plow and truck goes off.

With lows on and turning high beams on the plow high beams turn on the switch to truck, And bright signal lights come on but do not flash.

Now with high beams on and right turn signal, truck only but now the plow running lights come on, no flashers

Now with the highs on, the highs swith back to the plow when the left turn signal on, both the right and left turn signal are flashing on the plow.

Now with the high beams on and you operate the plow, it switches back to the plow high beams while holding the left, right, or up buttons.

Please help if you can

Thanks russ
  2. Racer593

Racer593 Member

Start with checking all of your grounds.

3. Have gone through all the grounds on the plow and truck and still nothing
  4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

97 a uni with relays?? If so, you might want to check the wire going to the going to the turn signals (I believe it is a purple wire).

On your other trucks (or your other problems) I would check the harness..Wiggle the harness (vehicle and plow side) to see if it straighten it out...If it does, you might have;

A) either a bent pin or dirt.
    Bent pin, straighten it out easy.
    B) Dirt, I use battery cleaner (works great), let it sit for a min or two. blow it out, the use electrical grease before you interlock them (hooking them back up)
    C) or possibility a wire ready to break. ( you will need a wiring digram)

Here a unimount "mechanic's guide"

Here is a Ultra "mechanic's guide" (straight blade with relays) I don't know what you have on the ultra. It has a trouble shooting guide

Ultra "mechanic's guide" for MVP w/module 4port 3 wires.......It has a trouble shooting guide

Here a "ELECTRICAL SCHEMATICS GUIDE" for 3- and 4-Port Isolation Modules with 2- and 3-Plug Systems and Relay Systems
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  5. Both are isos. The 2500 is a 3 port and the tahoe is a 4 port.
  6. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

The last link in thread #4 "ELECTRICAL SCHEMATICS GUIDE" for 3- and 4-Port Isolation Modules with 2- and 3-Plug Systems and Relay Systems should help you........