1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help with ultra mount

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Precision Lawn, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

I just bought a ultra mount straight blade for my truck. I pick it up yesterday and had a little trouble in hooking it up but got it on . Today I took it off and when I step on the stand pedal it didn't touch the ground had to put a 4x4 under it. It looks like it is set on 3 or 4 setting with the flat side up on the pivot plate. Any suggestons on what I need to do . I measure my truck to the top of the reciever and its around 18 to 18 1/2 "

Thanks
    1994 Chevy 2500 HD w 8.6 Western
    1993 Chevy Suburban w 7.6 Western w power scoop

2. John W

John W Junior Member

Ultramount Help

Sounds like you need to move the Roll pin two or three holes up to lengthen the stand shoe. I would suggest getting the plow at the proper height using whatever (your 4x4) and removing it from the truck. Put a floor jack under the back of the A frame to keep the height and adjust the stand shoe. Use page 9 figure 7 from the link below in the Western Publications as a guide.

I purchased a 8.5 Ultra/MVP in November and installed it myself. The holes in the stand shoes were not drilled in the same place & I put them in the same number of spaces. When mine did not work correctly I looked them over and noticed the discrepancy. After I adjusted them so the extension height matches they work perfect. Also, the height measurement of my truck ('00 Dodge 2500 w/Diesel) indicated the Configuration # 4 for the pivot pin. After using the blade in scoop mode I noticed it was not riding flat and changed it to Configuration # 3 (page 8 figure 5). Keep in mind when you dismount the unit you do not want to retract the lift ram by hand. The tension on the headgear keeps it in the proper position. You should be able to mount/dismount the blade in under a minute or your doing something wrong and/or it needs further adjustment. Also, when you plug the harnesses together on the blade keep the plug vertical with the female side up. This will minimize water from getting in it and freezing.

Sorry about the length of my reply. Hope this helps.

John

http://www.westernplows.com/pdf/66878_083104.pdf