1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with two different single stage blowers

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by nick4634, Jan 21, 2012.

1. nick4634

nick4634 Member

I have 6 residentials that are about 2 cars wide by 3 long, and they want me to only use blowers to clear them, which I'm fine with. The past few events we've had have only been a few inches of powder and its almost not worth taking my dual stage 27" blower down the ramps and then wrestling it around the whole time. So I'm looking at 2 different single stages both are 21" wide craftman blowers, but one is 123cc and the other is 179 cc. Is the extra power worth the extra $150? I'm not worried about the blowers getting clogged but I want them to be able to throw a few inches of powder at least a car width away.
    The 123cc blower is $350 and the bigger one is $500, for $500 I'll just keep wrestling my dual stage around

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

We use tori ccr 2450s. 2cycle. I like them. The distance they throw is ify, but they do a good job imo. Unfortunatly you can't buy them new anymore, but I'm sure you can find them on eBay.

3. perrysee

perrysee Senior Member

we use toro 4 cycle and have no problems blowing snow

4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

27 is not that big that you should not to wrestle it!...do you have both tires locked into drive it? does it have a way to let it drive on one wheel only?....i use 24" ariens 8 hp...with the drive unlocked i can turn it with one hand easily.....remember no matter what you use silicone the auger and shoot....it is a snowblowers best friend

5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Find a used toro 2 cycle on CL or get a new toro. The price will be $150 more then a 123cc craftsman, but it is a far better machine. I have 5 toros I bought off CL that are in the age group of 23 years old to 5 years old and they all fire up on the 1st or 2nd pull.

6. TLLandS

TLLandS Junior Member

agree with other posters! no craftsman worth any $$ Toro 2450, 3650 single stage

7. TLLandS

TLLandS Junior Member

They are going for $350-$400 still, but well worth it!! Bulletproof machines! i do 22 resi, 2 comm solo! only way to go