1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help with switching ford to chevy ultramount please!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dupupp, Jan 23, 2009.

1. dupupp

dupupp Member

Hey guys new to the forum-I am buying a 06 western mvp 8.5 v plow with a 3 wire system that came off a 05 ford f250. I need to make this plow fit my 05 chevy 2500hd crew cab with 6.0 in the truck. I know the atual plow harness will work but i do not think the isolation module will-the ford is a 4 port and i think i need a 3 port-am i corrrect on this and does anyone have a part number? Also i think i will need a new headlight harness with my lights being HB3 and HB4-am i correct on this and what part numbers?
    also i need a new bracket for the mount on the chevy and i think i need part number-67981-2 for this-am i correct? Also were can get these mounts and possible trade for my ford mounts and harness? I know i can get from a dealer but my local western dealer is sometimes hard to deal with-i have better luck going through there books my self to figure this out. I thought i would turn to the guys that mess with there plows everyday-hope you guys can help!
    thanks
    Rob Schacht

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Yup, new harness, think its part #27780, thats the iso and headlight harness. Mount # you have is correct.

3. dupupp

dupupp Member

thanks-i got quoted 385 for the mount and 285 for the harness. does anyone know were else to try other than ebay-none on there right now. also i would like to trade what i got for what i need-any info on that for used mounts? thanks in advance!!