1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help with SnowEx Spreader.

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bltp203, Sep 21, 2008.

1. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Ok, I was in the market for a SnowEx 575 because it can come on and off the hitch with one person, however, I got a great deal on a SnowEx 1075 Hitch Mount that I couldn't pass up. So, the problem becomes, How can I rig up some type of platform that I can wheel the 1075 to the truck and slide it into the receiver. The receiver is about 2 feet off the ground.

Hanging it in the garage is not an option, so any other ideas?????
  2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Make a 3 or 4 leg table with telescoping legs made out 2 different sizes of square tube put flat steel on the top of the legs and the bottom then put casters on the bottom then use a cheap bottle jack to lift the top table to the salter to take the weight off and remove the salter

Hope this makes sense to you
  3. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

I used to use a hydraulic jack w/ wheels on it when I had one.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Cut the tube at a angle, install a set of wheels or make a cart so you can wheel it up to the hitch and push it in.

Look at how Snoway designed their's. Will do just what you want.
  5. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

7. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

8. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

I built a rack for my atv jack, works good.
    The jack was like $50 at Fleet Farm.