1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with set-up

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SnowMan4U, Mar 5, 2005.

1. SnowMan4U

SnowMan4U Member

I will begin plowing next year. I can have about 30 accounts set up by September and want to know what plow to buy.

I have a 2002 Chevy 1/2 Ton with a 5.3 and a plow prep pkg.

Looking for brands here.

Thanks.

2. snow warrior

snow warrior Member

well im not an expert and ive never used anything but meyer. no problems w/ it so i would say meyer. just my 0.02 :D

well i guess that isnt true.i used an old western years ago,wasnt impressed

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  3. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

Make your decesion based on whos close to you. You shouldn't leave the question open like that because someone with a blizzard will come in and say blizzard is the best "go wide" yada yada yada etc. Give us the names of brands local companies carry. Dealer support is big. I have a fisher right now. My fisher dealer is 10 min. up the road from me. I had a Sno-way and that dealer was 45 min away. You tell me which was and will be easier to get service or support from in the middle of a storm?

4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Second the advice to make your decision based on dealer support. You've got a 1/2 ton, so you can't put a real heavy plow on it. Are you doing driveways, lots, both? I'd set yourself up with a second battery for sure. And you may want to consider additional front end support even with the plow prep.

5. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

Look at a SnoWay for that truck or perhaps the new little Blizzard available later this year.

6. mylittlescoop

mylittlescoop Senior Member
    from nj

Awwwwwwwwe boy lol This is gonna be a fun thread....I am popping the popcorn anyone wanna join? The hunt for Bin Ladden has stopped the war of the plows has begun! :salute: :gunsfiring:
    P.S AVALANCHE PLOW...I do not appreciate you posting a link to my picture on your threads!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  7. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

Sorry but I thought everyone would like to get a look at you :drinkup:

8. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

I have a 99 chevy 1/2 ton and it handles my Boss 7'6" super duty just fine. I just had to add a set of timbrens to the front. Good luck. Dealer support should weight a lot on your decision. Breck

9. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

I agree, You need a plow that has parts readly available in your area. I prefer Snoway because i like the downpresure and such. But if you get something where parts have to be oredered all the time you could lose money and time.