1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help with sanding issue

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by stoobs67, Jan 1, 2010.

1. stoobs67

stoobs67 Junior Member

I purchased my second fisher polycast spreader this year. I noticed that when i am sanding it is leaving 2 lines spaced out with the ends of the shoot. This has never happened to me with my other sander. It looks like the sand is building up on the corners of the bottom of the shoot and just dropping. But that may not be it because early last storm it was not leaving the lines of sand behind me. Then all of the sudden it started to happen again. It was the same load of sand. The sand is still spreading but not like it should. It is driving me nuts. My parking lots look mint, then these stupid lines of sand all over the place. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any help would be appreciated!

2. msell

msell Junior Member
    from boston

polycast lines

stoobs67

I bought the 7 foot sander, and it is doing the same thing and everything that i try doesn't seem to work. have you found anything that helps. I seems like the shoot is a little under sized.

3. stoobs67

stoobs67 Junior Member

I did figure it out. The new models have the extra bend in the aluminum behind the spinner. The sand is building up in them and there for any sand that hits it just drops straight to the ground leaving a line on both sides. What i did was i cut the supports off and bent the whole backing so it was almost straight. I was going to bring it back but what would they really do? I am going to have a friend weld it back so it is supported.

I am not having much luck with this sander. I already had to bring it back for the second motor (the one that spins the spinner) The first one broke inside. The second ones shaft sheered off somehow. I have heard of this happening to other people as well.

4. timmy1

timmy1 Senior Member
    from RI

I had a fisher...

I sold it and bought a Curtis TS-17

Awesome sander, but I don't think Torwell makes them anymore.

5. balky22

balky22 Junior Member

torwell is still making them. curtis is no longer selling them with the curtis name on them. they are great sanders i have three of them oldest stainless stell is 8 years and it's still orginal. most of your curtis plow dealers are now torwell dealers as well. hope this helps.

6. msell

msell Junior Member
    from boston

the front shaft the holds the drag chain slipped out the bearing, and messed up the whole chain, it took the whole day to get it fixed.

7. msell

msell Junior Member
    from boston

do you mean you straightened the chain gaurd at the end of the convyor or the the piece right behind the spinner

8. stoobs67

stoobs67 Junior Member

The bottom of shute there is an aluminum backing, in betweein the spinner and the body of the truck. Its the part where the sand hits when it comes off the spinner. Thats the part i flattened out. No more angles in it.

9. msell

msell Junior Member
    from boston

i will have to try to flaten that out, i removed the extention and mounted the shoot to the top position. and it seems like the sand is hanging up by the convayor,

10. timmy1

timmy1 Senior Member
    from RI

It's conveyor