1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help With Salt Dogg Electric Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Bporter, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

Just got out my electric 1.5yd salt dog spreader and after plugging it in the vibrator and disc work but my auger will not work. I can hear it trying to work but it says its jammed. It was stored inside all summer long. So looking for some advice if there is some way to loosen it up.

Thanks

2. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Take the shoot assembly off and look up through the opening to see the auger. There is a nut on the shaft that you can put a wrench or pipe wrench on to break it free. One of mine did this two days ago. Break it free, and grease the bearing up front under the box. That is your problem. Worst case scenario, you will have to replace that bearing. Mine broke free, I greased the he11 out of it!
    hope that helps
    ps mine are also stored inside at all times of the year

3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Or the trans/motor is shot.
    After you put a wrench on her, you should be able to spin it freely with wrench in either direction. When my trans went, it would not reverse with a wrench. Still spread salt, just would not reverse for a jamb, then go into limp mode.