1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help with RD Plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by den327, Dec 18, 2009.

1. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

I have a Fisher RD MM2 Plow about 2 years old. I am having a problem that occasionally when I hit the left button, the blade moves right and vice versa. Also sometimes if I am angled right and press the left button it stops at center with a bang. Anybody else have these issues with this. Thanks in advance.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I'm guessing you are using the fish stik controller....if that's the case get yourself a new circuit board for it or start using a standard joystick.

3. ramdieselsmoke

ramdieselsmoke Member

did your fishstick get wet? dropped? id try that 1st if u buy new one to plug in or u can also plug in a reg. joystick aswell.. if not that your control box is messed up if it got damaged or something i have the exact same plow ive been running for 2 years. wish i went with the western though this one is slower and makes noises but works and gets the job done.....:dizzy:

4. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

Yes I am using the fishstik. Went out today the blade actual;ly got stuck in the up position. It would not drop gor me...after playing with it I did manage to get it down. Also had problems with the left/right again.Im praying I can get all my jobs done. I imagine no place would have a new fishstik locally.

5. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

Just an update incase anyone has this same problem. I replaced the fishstik and the new one works beautiful. Plugged in the old one again to make sure and the problem happened again. So the outcome was my fishstik which was used in 3 storms. Im good to go again..

6. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

Thanks RamDiesel and MCW for your help