1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with pricing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 12secLX, Sep 14, 2013.

1. 12secLX

12secLX Junior Member
    from Ontario

Hi I'm new to this site. Found a ton of helpful info just wanted to know if someone could steer me in the right direction.

I've only done residential so I have to down. One of my customers asked me
    to price out a commercial lot he owns and this is were i get lost. I messed around with numbers and to me it seems to be way to high. I dont want to give him the quote and get laughed at because of the price. If I dont get this contract I missed out on the five residential properties I've had for 3 years.

So this is my question. Its a 47000 sq ft lot with a medical building on it.
    I know how much to charge per hour and how much to charge for ice melt.
    I just don't know how to put it all together in to a 5 month quote.

If anyone could help me out with some tips that would be great
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How much would charge per plow,Then take that number and multiply it by how many times you think you'll be out for the season.
  3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

And then add a couple more for a little cushion
  4. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Figure an hour to 1.5 hours to plow. Figure a ton or a yard of salt per application. As Grandview said, take that number and divide it by 5 monthly payments. Nov thru March, or Dec thru April. etc.
  5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Where in Ontario are you?
    Is the entire lot 47,000 sq' or the part you have to plow?
    You need to know, on average, how many plows and saltings there are in a season. Signing a multi year deal is much better when you are bidding seasonal contracts.