1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help with Price

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by linckeil, Jun 29, 2010.

1. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i'm looking for some input on what my truck bed is worth. I'm going to list it for sale, but I really don't know where to begin. I've heard anywhere from $200 to $1000. It's all about being in the right place, at the right time, with the right buyer, but i really don't know what to even put up as an asking price.

its off a 1996 F350, dual tanks, 8 foot, complete with taillights, tailgate, and rear bumper. has a spray on bed liner and diamond rails and tailgate backing. fits 80-96/97 ford f series. all original paint. has a very small 1" by 6" section of rust forming above the passenger wheel well that i cut out and brushed on some rust bullet to keep the cancer from spreading. and just very light surface rust underneath here and there. in the northeast, the only trucks i see with nicer beds from this era are the show trucks and lifted toys that stay garaged year round. and with very minimal effort, this bed could very easily become show quality.

here's a link to a thread with several pictures of the truck. pages 1 and 2 have the best shots of the bed.

so if you were selling this bed, what would you ask?
  2. towpro570

towpro570 Senior Member

$500-$800 would be the quick sale prices line go over you will sit on it
  3. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Screw the bed what about the rest of the truck?!?!?
  4. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

I've had to buy a box twice for my 00 after being rear-ended. 4 and 6 years ago. I paid 1600 and 1900 for new "take-offs" with tailgates and some scratches, small dings. For your year a nice one would be hard to find. At least 1000. Unless you're in a hurry. Hopefully you didn't smash the cab did you? That's a nice truck.
  5. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i hate to do it cus i really like the looks of the stock bed on the truck, but i need to swap it out for a dumping flatbed. the pickup bed just isn't pratical for everything i do with the truck. plus i'm alwys so worried about messing it up. so the bed will soon be on the market for sale.

it sounds like the low end is $500 for the quick sale, and $1000 plus if i don't mind sitting on it for a bit. at least now i have a starting point, so thanks for your input.

any other opinions out there?
  6. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Like anything, it's only worth what someone is willing pay... Start it high, you can always come down...