1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with price of lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by prestige10, May 9, 2010.

1. prestige10

prestige10 Junior Member

Hey guys... google maps is being difficult for some reason so I cant get a link.. but I was wondering what you would charge for a lot this sized. The address is 10056 114 Street NW Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. you can punch it into google. thanx guys

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Whats the place called that your trying to quote? When I put the address in, Theres lots of things around there that you could plow......by the way you won't get a price because everyones different with their pricing structure... but what we can help you on is the time that a certain lot would take to do. Once you know this multiple this by your hourly rate and bingo, theres your price....

3. prestige10

prestige10 Junior Member

Oh sorry... if you go into streetview it gives you the best view. It is the pretty small lot with the cars in it. The building behind it says "edmonton motors" and to the left of it there is a church with two signs on the side of it! Thanks again! Hopefully those are good enough directions!

4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

hey prestige, what is the car capacity of the lot?

5. prestige10

prestige10 Junior Member

Id say about 30-40. One double row of parking in the middle and two single rows on the outside about 10 cars each?

6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Thats the one I thought it was..... what will you be using for equipment? are they looking 4 u to clear the lanes and then to come back when someone can move the cars? pretty tight area for all those cars.... where are you to put the snow? will they require you to remove it?

7. prestige10

prestige10 Junior Member

Sorry guys, I forgot to mention, thats not the actual property... the actual property is just down the street but on google maps it is covered by trees and shade so you cant see it at all, so I ended up finding this property not too far away that is about the exact same size and layout so that I could get an accurate estimate from you guys. Only difference about the property I will actually be doing is that there is a large enough space to pile the snow. I will have to haul it away every now and then as it builds up, but the customer is fine with that. Also, most of the cars will be gone when we get there, however if there are any cars still there, it is written up in my contracts that we wont come within 2 feet of any parked vehicle, and that we will return at a later date to clear that snow once the vehicle is removed. (Do the rest of you guys do this?) As for equipment I will just be using 3/4 ton with 8 foot expandable blade and spreader.

8. devile

devile Junior Member

How are you going to remove it with just a 3/4 ton?