1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help with plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BIG.BLUE, Oct 16, 2008.

1. BIG.BLUE

BIG.BLUE Junior Member

I have a 06 1500 ram, im looking for a new plow. so i stopped in to my plow dealer and he tells me they wont carry hiniker any more and parts will cost more to get them. so there goes going with what i know. i do really like the boss, and he tells me there is a 7.6 boss v that they could put on my truck if i beef up the front end. the plow only ways 730 lbs, my old hiniker was 605. will i be ok?

2. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

As I stated in a earlier thread, I'm Not a big fan of putting ANY V's on a 1/2 ton, but as long as you have the $ to stiffen up the front, and don't mind a little more maintenence, I quess it should work for you.:nod::drinkup:

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Honestly not a fan of a vee on a half ton either, but the 7'6'' is almost a 100 pounds lighter than a 8'2''. But at the same time your not even gonna clear the outsides of your wheels with a 7'6'' vee in scoop mode on your truck either. If it were me, i'd try and find a 8 foot straight blade, or 7'6'' straight blade. Also throw in the factor of how much the 7'6'' vee is, and how much it will cost to beef up your front end with 2500 springs. Just my 0.02.

4. BIG.BLUE

BIG.BLUE Junior Member

i didn't think about scoop mode. well then that dog just wont hunt will it thanks guys