1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with plow for my skidsteer

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by MDSKIDSTEER, Nov 29, 2011.

1. MDSKIDSTEER

MDSKIDSTEER Junior Member

I'm new to the site and was hoping someone could help me identify the manufacturer of a plow that I bought recently from a local auction for my skidsteer. The plow clearly has some age on it and has been completely painted and I have not been able to locate a plate or stamp with any manufacturing info. The plow has the skidsteer mounting plate and hydraulic cylinders attached to manuever the blade left to right etc. The only thing missing are the skid shoes, which I need because my driveway is gravel and a 1/2 mile long. The brackets for the shoes are odd shaped and are formed using 1/4" steel which is welded to the plow support member. The bracket is bent forming sort of an open "V" with a circle on the lower the end to hold the snow shoe shaft. Here is the odd part, the inside diameter of the bracket is 1-3/8". All the shoes I've found are much smaller in diameter. The plow works great, but I need the shoes.

Also, if I cannot locate the correct shoes to fit my plow, I guess another option would be to cut off the original brackets and make my own to fit a standard plow like Meyer, Fisher, etc...

If you have any ideas, please post.

Thanks.

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Be faster and easyer to cut it off and make it work

3. Kwing1120

Kwing1120 Member

You may want to post some pictures. it would help greatly.

4. MDSKIDSTEER

Pic of snowplow bracket

Here are a few pics with the bracket. Does anyone recognize the plow manufacturer by the type bracket on the plow?

Attached Files:

5. stoneexc2

stoneexc2 Member

looks like an old meyers or western most shoes will fit it and there will be some play in it but use some washers to space it where you need it and they will work I've never had skid shoes that fit tight in the mount

6. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

that difenatly looks like an old Meyer plow. if you post some more pics some one here can give you a good idea of what it is. if it is a Meyer you should be able to go on ebay or where ever and just get the oem shoes or after market if you like.

7. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Meyers for sure.

8. MDSKIDSTEER

Thumbs Up Thanks everyone for the help. I purchased aftermarket skids for a Meyers plow from Tractor Supply. They go in the brackets, but are super sloppy. I will probably cutoff the old brackets and make new brackets that fit tighter to the skid shoe shaft.