1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with new pistol grip controller

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pushinsno, Nov 12, 2009.

1. pushinsno

pushinsno Member

Okay heres the deal the old touchpad controller for my meyers e-60 crapped the the left button doesnt work, so i spent the money for a universal pistol grip with the what they say is the meyers harness adapter for it. Well it came today and i hooked up and got nothing just that the plow went up and down no left no right. Then finally it went down and to the left and stuck there wich i know is the meyers way of saying theres a problem when it sticks to the left. Upon looking at the harness adapter they gave me the color of wires in the new harness don match up to the factory harness on the plow. The factory harness goes like this from right to left top to bottom, orange, blue, white, black, green , and red, and the adapter they gave me goes as follows blue, yellow?, red, white, black , and green. Does anyone know what could be the problem just seem something isnt right here with the adapter they gave due to the color of wires dont meet up with each other that there in different spots on the harness, and i hooked up the old touch pad and and got the plow back to norm except going left which is why i bought the new controller in the first place......any feedback would be greatly appreciated cause im pissed on belief and pullin my hair out not that i have much left to pull out

2. pushinsno

pushinsno Member

guess no one knows, hmmmmm not a good sign

3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

It's been 2 hours man, relax. Someone will come along soon enough that can help... :rolleyes:

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The colors won't match the Meyer harness, they (universal) use their own wire designations and they don't match the colors Meyer uses.

But regardless, you have an incorrectly pinned adapter. Time for an exchange unless you're competent enough to re-pin it yourself.