1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help with my snow bear plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by cherokeeman, Jan 25, 2009.

1. cherokeeman

cherokeeman Member

I need advice....I bought a 7 ft snow bear plow and I had to make modifications to it to strengthen it. I have a poly plow, just added a stronger and heavier cutting edge, had to strengthen the frame (due to cracks in frame). I added heavier angle iron to repair the weaknesses in the plow. Now my plow weighs twice as much. I have a 96 Jeep Cherokee with a 4 liter...plenty of power. I'm having a problem with my electric lift. I believe it's called a lift screw. Could anyone give me advice on upgrading my electric lift screw? Thank you!! Hope everyone's making money this winter!!ussmileyflag
  2. coyote_nb

coyote_nb Junior Member

if you use the SB winch on it take the strap out and make a Cable in. on the plow frame a guide pulley roll and back with the cable to the frame on the site from the Winch.

It will "cut" the weight from the plow close to 1/2 for the winch.

3. cherokeeman

cherokeeman Member

David/Cherokee Man

Thank you for your advice Fred. But, I don't have any straps. It's just a single piston. I think it's called an electric screw piston. (with Piss-poor performance, even when the plow was new) Because I added so much weight with repairs, I had to rebuild my back-up electric lift. I wish I could figure out a way to upgrade the electric lift all together.
    Thank you very much for your advice. Do you have a strap on your Snow Bear 7 ft plow? Could you show me a picture of your lift system on your Snow Bear plow?
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  4. coyote_nb

coyote_nb Junior Member

hay sorry

but i jump right now back in my 18 wheeler :(

i hope it help's