1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help with my meyer E-60

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pitbullx3, Feb 28, 2010.

1. pitbullx3

pitbullx3 Junior Member
    from iowa

whats up everyone. Im very new to plowing. I bought a full size blazer with a meyer plow. Every thing works great but there is a small problem. It doesnt like to stay up. I raise it all the way and it slowly falls down. I think it might be the Packing Cup. If it is how hard is it to change. thanks every one :mechanic:

2. chopchop

chopchop Junior Member

Hay I just joined this site myself and it seems like no one wants to answer questions from newbi's. But my E60 did the same thing and I changed the A valve thats the one with the black wire, that worked great on that pump but it didn't help one of my other E60's that I then had rebuilt.

3. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

this catagory doesnt get as much traffic as some of the other ones do...my only advice would be to make sure the fluid level is full

4. pitbullx3

pitbullx3 Junior Member
    from iowa

thanks guys

5. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

Check for bad a valve. If not Prolog packing cup. Go to Meyer website and download all the manuals and troubleshoot guide. Vyoull learn a great deal about ur setup. Also post on Meyer forum or read it this is a common thread and don't forget to search first a. Lot of newbie questions don't get answered Cuz theyre repeats.

6. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

This site is a wealth of information and I gotta say that the Meyer plow guys stick togeather; and are very helpful with tips and tricks to keep them going. It does amaze me from the huge number of posts on this site that people have the patience to fool around with them though. They seam to have 10X as much trouble with them as all the other plows put togeather. While it seams like a simple enough problem to fix; and I am sure it is. But a plow that doesnt stay up; is sorta like that part of the male body; that when it has the same problem; you are an outcast to the female population??? So I guess there could be a something to this; That a Meyers plow; and a disfunctional pee pee are very similar and maybe they could both me fixed with Viraga?????? [this is a joke .............. dont send "hit men" or anything like that]

7. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

More than likely the O ring at the base of the lift cylinder or the packing cup like you mentioned , probably a good time to do a full service on the pump and cylinders if you bought it and do not know it's history .

.pdf parts breakdown for an E-60 (and E-60H) is here : http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-663 R12.pdf

I would pick up a seal kit and 3 quarts of M1 fluid , it really isn't all that hard to service once you do 1 or 1000 ....... :D

Let us know how it goes.

tomsnastyz@yahoo.com is my e-mail address if I can be of any help .

TOM

8. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

sounds like you need to replace your o ring. i would replace all the seals....99% sure that's the problem...it's very common on e60s

9. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

We have to stick together to get any plowing done. :) Meyer does seem to be the readiest to troubleshoot and fix tho. Don't need any special knowledge just a wholelotta common sense. Plus Meyer has nastyz and b&b to solve all problems when ur really stumped

10. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

If the packing cup were leaking, you would leek fluid OUT all over the cyl. are you? If not (you haven't said your leaking fluid.) Then its probably the valve is leaking and allowing fluid to drain back.

11. pitbullx3

pitbullx3 Junior Member
    from iowa

wow thanks im glad i found this site its a great tool to use. Thanks a lot for all your help. Im going to replace the packing cup and all other seals as well. By the way it is leaking alot out of the top by the wiper. thank you again :drinkup: