1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with moving plow harness from 00 to an 05 chevy 2500

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dteproductions, Oct 18, 2008.

1. dteproductions

dteproductions Junior Member

00 Silverado 2500 has a plow setup on it, 4 port with fishstick MM2.

I wanted to move it over to an 05 silverado 2500 that I just purchased, or if it is more of a pain, how much and what parts would I need to setup the truck? I don't know if the frame mounts are the same, and if the harness box is the same...

Any help would be great!!!

Thanks,
    Johnny

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You'll need the correct push plates and headlight/plug in harness's for the '05 as those components are different between it and the '00. Everything else will work.

Plug in harness's and push plates will run you around $550 or so new.

3. dteproductions

dteproductions Junior Member

how much more would the box be with the harnesses and push plates? It might be easier to leave the other be rather than take parts of it away...Also, where are the best places to find the part #'s and order them online?

Thanks,
    Johnny

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Johnny,
    I got something that will help you out here. Go to http://www.fisherplows.com/ematch/vehinfo.asp

Fill in all your old truck info, it will give you everything that you currently have for parts now. Print it out, then go back to the begining and do all of your NEW truck info. Print it out and compare apples to oranges for part numbers. Then you can go shopping for parts. If you have a question with it feel free to shot me a message. I deal with there system regularly. It's fairly straight forward though.

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

FYI . Not sure of your level of understanding with Fisher, so here are a few comon questions pre ansewered.
    Peculiar kits is the Push Plates. 3 Port module is 2 plug system, and 4 Port is obviously the 3 plug system. You can still do 2 plug if you currently have it so there is no need to mess with the plow side.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Plug in harness p/n's for your '05 are:

26351 (short side)
    26352 (long side)

Push plates are p/n: 7169

To completely equip an entire truck side from scratch including all wiring and push plates ( but less controller) your looking at approx $$800.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can have either a 2 or 3 plug system with the 3 port Iso mod. Just depends on the specific blade (Xtreme, HD, Xtreme V, etc). :waving:

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Your in NE, the best guy I know of is LANG'S Garage to buy from up here, he was voted most vaulable dealer seven years in a row for our region. Fisher dealers have a %15 off going on right now. CALL, Don't order on the website. Paul is the guy to deal with. http://www.langscornergarage.com/

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

B&B.....Good to know. I always wondered about that. I heared that once before actually, but the guy wasn't exactly reliable so I took it with a grain of salt ya know. Thanks for the tid bit