1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help with mount install!

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Krumm, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Krumm

Krumm Member
    from CR, IA

This is not my first install of a snow dogg mount but today is not going great so far. Truck is a 2000 f250 getting a hd/ex mount. The truck has a 4in lift and i cant tell if that my problem or the mount. I cant get the side plates to fit at all. Everything is in the way. When i did this on my 2001 f250 i dont remember having any issues like this. Does any one have pictures of their install on a 99-04 f250?

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I can take some, what's the issue you are having? Can you snap a pic?

Did you remove the cross beam from the truck? Did you unbolt the side braces for the bumper?

3. Krumm

Krumm Member
    from CR, IA

It always says to remove the blocker beam. What is that? I have never removed anything on these trucks and the plow always mounts just fine. And i have no side brackets for my bumper? And i found my problem was too long of bolts for the leaf springs. Few quick cuts and im back on track to get this done tonight for our 1-3" tomorrow.

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Awesome, maybe your truck didn't have that beam installed? Odd that the side supports weren't there. Either way I'm glad you got it figured out.

5. Krumm

Krumm Member
    from CR, IA

Does anybody have pictures of their mount that was modified for a lifted truck? Mine needs to come down 3" for current tires. But i might put the 35s back on if I already have to modify it.

6. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

I had the same problem here are some pics.....you are going to need to install a upper cross member I used 2. 8" x 12", 4. 4" x 8" 2. 1 1/2" x 5" 2. 1 1/2 x 4" t1 plates and a 2 x 2 square tube 36 inches long and 58 grade 8 bolts 58 grade 8 nylon nuts

image.jpg

7. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

Here's the cross member pic

image.jpg

8. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

Plus 2. 1 1/2 angle x 5" I drilled holes on one side to line up with the right an left frame supports then had it welded to the new upper support see pics....for some reason my left side was higher than the right side see pics in back of upper support

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014