1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with Meyer Saber Lights

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by johnny1509, Jan 11, 2006.

1. johnny1509

johnny1509 Junior Member

I had a 1995 Dodge Dakota 4X4 with a Meyer's TMP-7.0 plow w/ slik stik control and Saber Lights....Truck was junked after 200K hard miles....purchased a 1996 Dodge Dakota 4X4 w/ 89K miles...had my local Meyer's dealer pull all equipment, mounts, controls, etc. off of old truck and reinstall on newer truck (same body, same electrical, etc.) First time I needed it, put the Pump/Headlight unit on the front of truck, connected all wires, put plow on truck...Plow works fine but something is wrong with light system. When headlights are turned on, truck lights work fine and amber parking lights on saber system light up....but when you turn on light switch, nothing happens.....when you turn the right blinker on, the right truck headlight and right saber light alternate blinking with the turn signal. I called my dealer and they said I had bad changeover modules...bought two new ones......same thing. I did find a black wire from the center plug on the module that isn't connected to anything.....when I ground that wire, the headlight flashing stops and the blinker works like it should. However, the saber headlights still will not come on. Like I said, the amber parking lights are on and when that lose wire is grounded, they blink with the truck blinker.....Every fuse I can find appears OK. Oh and another thing, when I pull the turn signal lever to flash the high beams, this still doesn't make the saber lights work. When the switch is turned on, the truck lights stay on and don't go off like they used to. I figured I'd try a discussion forum before I pay to have truck looked at....The dealer seems to feel that they didn't do anything wrong and it's something I caused (go figure!!!) Please, any suggestions would be helpful.
    John

2. mr.plow 2

mr.plow 2 Member

hello i have had the same thing happen to me and it was the switch that works the lights it is a three way switch that makes the lights work and not the truck lights it cost,s about 6 bucks:dizzy:

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check to make sure the orange wire coming from the cab has 12V. that's the trigger to change over the relay. Oh and yes ground that loose wire. any 12v on off switch will do although I prefer a lit when on type so i can tell at a glance if the plow or truck lights are lit.

4. johnny1509

johnny1509 Junior Member

The light on the switch does not come on when turned on....however, I did notice that it blinks with the headlights when the black wire isn't grounded and the right turn signal is on. I guess I should find the wiring schematic and try to trace where each wire is going to on the switch. I am pretty mechanically inclined, but electric is still like speaking "chinese" to me. Thanks for the replys.
    John

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Make sure there's 12v going to the switch and a good ground

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I'm thinking that they got the turn signal wire and the marker light pick up wires wrong at the points where they pick up the signal from the truck, they might be bullet type connectors where you could just unplug them and switch them around and see what happens.

7. johnny1509

johnny1509 Junior Member

Does anybody have a wiring diagram or know where I can find one so I can look where all the wires are running to? Or where they should be?

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Try the Meyer link at the rop of page

9. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict