1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help with larger lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by tkrepairs, Oct 17, 2008.

1. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

well, the lot is larger to me, anyway lol.

it's about 600 feet long. along the entrance there are large rocks spaced apart just enough to be able to put snow between them. the first lot to the left is visitor parking, and the owner doesn't care if he loses a couple spaces there. i can put some snow in the tenant parking area, but would prefer not to. there is plenty of room for snow at the end of the lot.

any place i have a green circle is ok to put snow.

i would get maybe an hours worth of plowing here? maybe more? sand is not needed. owner says if tenants dont come out to move their cars, BURY THEM!!! and they'll be sure to move next time. haha i love it!

so what do you guys think? thanks!

payup payup payup

[​IMG]

2. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

What type of help are you looking for? Time, price
    Time I would say no longer that 1 hour:):)

3. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

ya i probably should have mentioned what i was looking for.

looking for a time estimate and pricing. thanks!

4. tom_mccauley

Season or per push?

5. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

per push, per season is too risky for me at this point, especially after last years snowfall here.

6. tom_mccauley

around here $300-$350 no sidewalks

7. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

i'm getting $80 for this lot per storm as of last year. no business there now, just needs to be plowed for town fire purposes, so i plow once after the storm is done. took maybe 45minutes at the beginning of the season, and towards the end after it shrunk due to amount of snow i was down to about a half hour, and felt i could charge the guy more for it. he was quick to jump on my $80

[​IMG]

8. tom_mccauley

Keep in mind that would be in Coldwater,MI I have no idea what you guys would get there!

9. tom_mccauley

$150-$200 here

10. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

i wish it was like that around here! payup i was thinking about $180 or so, maybe $200 for any hassle with stupid tenants. i try to be as efficient as i can (who doesn't?) and make as few passes as possible. obviously the first storm or two will be the learning curve, then after that it's go time. i appreciate your input :drinkup: i'll keep those numbers in mind and try to push a little more towards that!

11. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

even though it's not the whole lot? just the area next to the building? that would be like $400 per hour! :bluebounc

12. tom_mccauley

I did not look at your markings!!!!! sorry!
    $80-90 sounds about right!

13. tom_mccauley

Like I said, every market is different, prices vary drastically form city to city, let alone state to state. It all depends on what your area will tolerate (rich vs. poor vs. middle class), and lowballers in the area that will plow any drive or lot for $20.00 can have a huge impact on what people are willing to pay, regardless of how good your service is. Last winter all but eliminated the lowballers from are area, as most of them bit off more than they could chew in the effort to grab all the $ they could. Many homes and businesses WAITED because some over zealous plow jockey promised but could not deliver!!!!.:):)