1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help with hts wiring

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jbsplow, Sep 15, 2013.

1. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

hey guys new to the site. I have a brand new western hts plow on a 97 gmc . blades all set up, mount and all on the truck. today I tried to-do the electrical hooked everything up but the turn signal wires because I did not splice them yet. I went to plug in everything and I got nothing. I wired the lights with the harness on the truck and they work just nothing on the plow will work, I'm very frustrated and this is my first time installing a plow. its a 2 plug, 3 port module the only thing I may have done wrong is hooked this red acc cord up in the cab next to the controller? any suggestions to where I can start looking I have been reading the manual all day and cant figure out where I went wrong, help would be appreciated, also will the power come on the controller if the plow is not hooked up? thanks

2. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

it says something about running the cord threw the fire wall one for the controller 4 pin, and the other one is a little red cable. It says I should have 12 volts when the trucks running for the accessory cable but what does that mean exactly ?

3. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

i think the issue is with the acc cord.. but where do I find a acc cord in the truck ? Im thinking I spliced it to the wrong thing

4. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Does the controler light up, did you hook up the ground wire off the selenoid

5. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

no I did nothing with a solenoid or the ground wire? and the controller wont light up. I didn't read anything about that ? I've triple checked every thing with the harnesses im lost

6. rjigto4oje

Do you know how to read private message

7. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

Yes i do you can pm me i would greatly appreciate it.

8. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

Actaully im not sure if i can read pms cause my accounts new or does that not matter?

9. rjigto4oje

It won't let me p.m you pm.me with your cell number by clicking on my name do you text

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  10. rjigto4oje

Or post your e mail

11. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

12. rjigto4oje

13. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

So what's the outcome?

14. rjigto4oje

were all still waiting I sent email with contact info have not heard from him

15. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

got it all figured out lights on plow work, only thing that wont work is plow wont go up or down it will only go left or right

16. dieselss

Are you getting signal to the coils when you use the up or dwn function?

17. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

i checked everything just cant get the plow to go up or down. I checked all connections, and the fluid, it says fluid should be 2 inches from top of the breather cap. and it is. when I hit the up button the silienode clicks but no movement, maybe there is air in the lines since its brand new ? no idea going to mess with it today

18. dieselss

The fluid has nothing to do with your problem. You need to ck pwr coming out of solenoid. And your coils for the approite function.

19. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

thanks I figured it out my dumb ass self couldn't see that the hydraulic wasn't locked in the pinhole cause the harness was covering it up...:rolleyes:

20. dieselss

Huh? Kinda lost me on that one