1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with harness for toggle switch

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by puredreamz, Oct 12, 2010.

1. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

Basically bought my equipment used i have the manual and it shows a female conenctor for the toggle switch with some recepticles.

I didnt receive the male end of the 2 pin connector highlighted in the pic i attached. But their is a red wire dangling from the connector dont know if its been modified but everything is hooked up.

Dont know if it matters keep in mind not using toggle switch supplied by blizzard.

wiring plow toggle switch.jpg

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Radio shack, that's a 2 pin molex connector. Should be a green wire (with yellow stripe?), and a black wire.

Red wire should go to a fused 12v ignition source.

Shouldn't matter much on the toggle, just need an on-off toggle.

3. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

wow thanks bro. Colours are correct. So you have to run both sets of wires the 12v switched and the 2 pin molex connector. OR is that 12v switched wire powered up already and i can hook up directly to my toggle switch

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  4. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

u sure its molex. the molex looks squared on both end the ones used by blizzard is squared on one end and pointy/ triangular on the other. It shows in the pic.

5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

The red wire is not to the switch, it goes to the controller as the ignition on power source.

Your toggle switch only needs the other wires, it does not receive power, it merely completes a ground circuit that triggers the headlight relays.

Yeah, it's a molex, and yes it is as you say, square on one end, triangular on the other. I've bought them at Radio Shack before.