1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help With Ford F250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by KUJAWA RSK, Jan 28, 2005.

KUJAWA RSK Member
    from PA

I have a 1992 ford f250 . I do all the work on it. Hear is my ??
    when i make a turn there is a popping coming from the rear end of
    the truck. It don't do it all the time. I look at ever thing. I have a ez-dumper
    in the truck but it never did it before. can any of you guys :help: me
  2. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

sure it is from the rear???....best things to cheeck back there would be lugnuts bushings on the springs/shocks.

Have you gone over everything in the front also, like trac bar bushins, leaf bushings. i know some have a load sensing bar thingamabob that hangs down by the rearend maybe look into that.

if it was 2wd i would suspect rad arm bushings or pivot bracket bushings which could also be your issue since you have TTB axle
  3. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

don't worry about trac bar, only an 350 thing...
  4. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Is the rearend a posi? That may be your problem. My jeep has done this twice. Posi both times! It's weird when it doesn't do it all the time. Mine only did it on slight right turns. Or if I stopped at a stoplight on a curve (if that makes sense) and when i took off again it would just sound like metal popping and grinding.