1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with first quote

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sixtwojoe, Nov 15, 2004.

1. sixtwojoe

sixtwojoe Junior Member

I just started doing lawn maintence this year and love it, customers are very happy also. I am quoting my first snow plowing job this week and am not sure how to go about quoting this. How does per push work? I will be using a 91 F-350 4x4 dually with poly mold plow. I also have a Western salter. I am in the Detroit Mi. area and do not know how to find the average snow falls. Thanks

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Welcome to plowsite! :waving:
    How big is the potential account?

3. sixtwojoe

sixtwojoe Junior Member

Not sure the total feet etc. I counted the parking spaces and roughly 125 plus a small drive way and truck well. Thanks

4. The Boss

With one that size I would personally do it by the hour.

5. sixtwojoe

sixtwojoe Junior Member

Is it about $100.00 - 125.00 per hour? Is that how I should quote it on the contract? Thanks

6. The Boss

Hourly price varies everywhere. :nod: Either way, make sure you quote them that price "per truck".

7. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

let me help you bid it i'll make sure you get the job LOL just look at my
    wal-mart post

8. The Boss

I don't think he wants to LOOSE money. :rolleyes: