1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with financing, poor credit, but have 50% down payment.

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by milano274, Oct 7, 2011.

1. milano274

milano274 Junior Member

Anybody knows who does bad credit, new equipment financing ? I need to buy reliable snow plow, have $2500 cash for down payment. Already have commercial lot with contract. I have tried Sheffield Financial Corporation, but they need minimum of 700 credit score. Thnx for advice.
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

You can't find a suitable used plow for $2500? I bet you can :nod:
  3. milano274

milano274 Junior Member

Looked at couple, but its usually plow side only, no brackets, no wiring, average prices 2k, if I buy the truck side kit it comes to $3500 total, so I figured to finance new one. Its hard to find used plow for 05 Ram
  4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Find the plow side for 2k or less and put the truck side on a credit card and then put the other 500 back on the credit card and pay the credit card off asap. Then close the account.

It's 2 months until plow season, so plows will bring more now than say May or June.

Find a Western Ultramount plow. I have a Western Ultramount mount for your truck.
  5. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Here's a guy in Rockford that will make a mount for you: http://rockford.craigslist.org/pts/2535432633.html

This one sounds promising: http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/pts/2594978458.html

Here's one for an 03 dodge (I believe that's the same mount as an 05). You could easily have this one in service within your budget... http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/pts/2613030487.html

This guy probably has something that would work for you too... http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/pts/2601293583.html

Or you could always call local dealers and ask them if they have any used plows for your truck. I found all these links using a simple search based off your zip code to find stuff within 250 miles. Just because there isn't much on Craigslist in Chicago right now, doesn't mean used stuff isn't out there, you just gotta do a little more footwork.

Needless to say, I, like Roy, could easily have a plow on a truck for under $2500, you just gotta put a little effort into it versus rolling over and going further into debt. I'm not going to pass judgement on you for your credit situation, but it's best to learn from our mistakes versus repeating them... Good luck!
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Amazing how some people don't think into the future with their finances.This is just a general statement to everyone.
  7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

This is very true in most cases but not in all. I had an EX-wife who did a number on me. All is fine now but what a real pita for a few years!
  8. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Without credit your kind of stuck. There's got to be something out there for 2500 bucks even if it isn't pretty. I had a guy ask me years ago if I knew how to plow, I said I think so why? He said your plow doesn't have a scratch on it. I said yeah...it's brand new. Dip sh!t,lol Buying a used plow and it being broke in makes people think you know what your doing I guess,lol
  9. 4wydnr

4wydnr Senior Member
    from N. IL

I would just do some shopping. I have a boss 7'6" that I have a total of $1600 into. New wiring, used mount ,used plow. Craigslist and eBay are great.
  10. HLS Wholesale

HLS Wholesale Senior Member

You might try a peer to peer lending sight like prosper.com or some other similiar website. Those cater to high risk loans.

Just a thought...
  11. alsam116

alsam116 Senior Member

CRAIGSLIST is how i got my plow complete. abuddy bought his off ebay for $1k. look around a little bigger of an area than just chicago like was said before, then post pics when you get it all together :)
  12. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Definitely not a business you want to be in with bad credit!
  13. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

i second craigslist, i got a used plow complete truck and plow side for $1200. Keep looking. You'll find something. For your situation used sounds like a much better idea than new.
  14. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

In 7 years he won't have to worry about bad credit.:cry:
  15. milano274

milano274 Junior Member

Thanks everyone for your posts, info / ideas.
    I am searching local plus Midwest Craigslist adds and eBay everyday. I have to say that there is a lot of equipment for sale. I will be able to find used plow for my 05 Ram with no problem. The only reason I was going to buy/finance new one is reliability. As the bad credit goes, I learned that one of the credit bureaus has wrong data, somebody else bad accounts. My score will be well over 700 points when its fixed.
  16. milano274

milano274 Junior Member

1:Used plow can be reliable just as new one, if maintenance is done properly. It just takes time to find one.
    2:Incorrect info on just one credit bureau will lower your score as much as 160 points. And it takes 3-4 months to fix it.
    3:There are still good people out there to help you, but you have to do your homework !