1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help with electric motor

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by mikes-plow, Dec 23, 2012.

1. mikes-plow

mikes-plow Senior Member

Hiniker 8ft straight plow. i have power to solenoid and power to the motor when i operate the remote but nothing happens. even hit the motor a few times to try and get it off the bad spot. now am I missing anything or is this a problem with the electric motor? One of my friends said you can take them a part and clean them, i'm not sure how and is it worth the time? thanks for all help in advance

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

If you have power at the motor and it isn't doing anything I think you answered your own question. As for cleaning I think you're past that point

3. mikes-plow

mikes-plow Senior Member

well i took it all apart and cleaned everything, works just like new now. I had no choice, i would of had to drive 100 miles to get a new and i needed it that day. just glad everything worked out