1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help With E-60 Pump

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by sickboy, Dec 7, 2009.

1. sickboy

sickboy Junior Member

I installed my plow over the summer,and everything worked fine before I stored it.I just hooked it up and I can't get it to lift.The plow will angle left and right,but as soon as I try to lift it the overload light on the touch pad lights up.The only thing I've done after I tested it and before I stored it was a fluid and filters change.
    Any help would be great,THANKS.

2. sickboy

sickboy Junior Member

I forgot to mention that I did lift and lower the plow once,before the the overload light came on and it wouldn't lift.:confused:

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Poor electrical connection to the B coil or a defective B coil itself or a poor motor ground.

Swap the B and C coils (disconnect and swap the wire leads too) and see if it then trips the OL light when the angle right function is pressed. If it does then the coil is bad (since you just switched it to the angle right function). If it doesn't then it's a wiring/connection issue on the raise function or touch pad issue.

4. sickboy

sickboy Junior Member

Thanks for the help B&B.After going through everything for 2 hours I found my problem.The pin for the B coil in the control pad was pushed in.
    I have one more question.I have the black rubber cover that covers the motor and pump on my unit.I noticed that I NEVER see anyone using them.Do these covers mess stuff up,or are they just a pain to work around?Just wondering if i should leave it on or remove it.
    Thanks again for all your help.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Unless you slather the pump with Fluid Film before you install the cover it does more harm than good as it traps water under it and takes forever to dry out causing much more corrosion than not running a cover at all. Those that know this don't run one, which is why you see so few of them around.

And the same here, first thing I do is slice it off with a razor blade and throw it in the trash. :nod: