1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help with driveway with pavers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ofletcher, Nov 16, 2006.

1. ofletcher

ofletcher Junior Member

Just got a large contract that has very up scale homes that have pavers inlayed in the driveway. Not sure what to use to do it quickly and cost effective. I would love to know how at the end of season how to not buy new driveways for everyone, and by the way they only let us spread sand, no salt or cal clor. Here is what I have on site, two new ford f350 and f550 with myers up front and air flow, and fisher spreaders out back, New Holland C190 track skid steer with a avalanche 10' rubber edge box and a 84" bucket with a poly edge, John Deere 4270 Cab Ag tractor with just a QA poly edge bucket and an empty 3 point out back. Anyway to back drag with the tractor??? or better use the skid steer?? Thanks for the help. Owen.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

a u edge would work perfectly for pavers

3. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

I would stay away from all paver drives!!!!! Even with a rubber edge your asking for problems! Your customer will always find something wrong with their drive and blame you. NOT worth the head ache! Take it from me!!! I install pavers for a living! :nod: :nod:
  4. ofletcher

ofletcher Junior Member

I have to take it contract already signed. I will do ok, unless i have to buy a bunch of driveways come spring.
  5. EnviroTeam

EnviroTeam Member

I have done a few drives with pavers over the year and just used my regular blade and back dragged with it, Never had a complaint yet. That being said I always inspected the pavers in the spring and was prepared to replace if I had to.
  6. SLLNorth

SLLNorth Member

We plow several paver drives in our area, we run rubber edges and have never had a problem. We have been providing service to these properties for 10 years.