1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with deciding on a light..

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by ny518, Dec 1, 2010.

1. ny518

ny518 Junior Member

Just purchased my first plow and now I need some sort of light, I was hoping for some suggestions I am looking to spend hopefully under $200. I would like to have the option to mount it to a backrack down the road but magnet maybe the option for now.

2. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

you looking at a rotator or an LED?

3. ny518

ny518 Junior Member

Not sure what the advantages are of either or what is the best bang for the buck.

4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Look at the Whelen Guardian, I've had mine for three years now and it's been a great light so far and only cost me $80 bucks on sale from Northern Tool.

5. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

To Start off...the Guardian is a great light... I'm a Halogen man myself... They pack a punch with the light beams... Then as you get into the big money go straight to the LED's... Make sure you keep the other just in case something goes wrong!

Good Luck to ya! Thumbs Up

6. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

We have the G2 Guardian for 129.99 in all amber which is the faster rotating model. Very reasonably priced and a very good light for the money. We also have LED bars but they start around $250.00 for a good permanant mount version.

7. ny518

ny518 Junior Member

How does the G2 compare to the G7? Is it worth the price?

8. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

G2s the Halogen rotator and many customers still love rotators including myself. The G7 is also a very good light and offers dual strobes in one mini bar also a very good dependable bar. Its really a matter of personal preference.

9. ny518

ny518 Junior Member

I really dont have any experience with either I am just looking for something that will last, I was just looking at the G7 becuase I fugured it had less moving parts than the G2. From a safety perspective does one out perform the other with light output?

10. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

The halogen guardian is awesome- i prefer the slower rotators, but that's a personal preference thing too