1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help with dakota

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by joeduno, Dec 7, 2008.

1. joeduno

joeduno Junior Member

Hey guys,
    I'm new to plowing this year, been out a couple of times all ready, but I've noticed a large draw on my volt gauge when I activate the plow (drops from high side of the gauge, to the bottom side of the gauge). My truck is a 93 Dakota 318 V8, plow is a meyer with E47 pump. I bought both the truck and the plow used, last summer. I do have a new battery in the truck, but the alternator is some aftermarket. Not sure if I want to put a new 120amp alternator, new pump motor, or if I just need to clean up the cables.

Just for some more info, using a good set up jumper cables I hooked up another battery to mine, and the drop still occured. I have changed the hydraulic fluid and cleaned the filters. Also at times the plow has a real hard time lifting up, you can hear the pump run, but the plow goes up really snow, and it kinda jerks around. Doesn't do this all the time, and usually only when first starting in the morning.

thanks guys,
    Joe