1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help With Controller

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pasto_guy, Dec 4, 2007.

1. pasto_guy

pasto_guy Member

I've got a snowex spreader, model 575. Controller has worked for years with no prob. Today it wouldn't come on. Took the screws out and cover off and the controller came on but it's saying Lb. Low Battery, but the truck has new batteries, I even switched the wires to another battery. Is my controller shot? Can I bypass the controller with jumpers to get me through a storm until a new box can be ordered. All advice and expertise would be appreciated. Controller costs close to 400.00 I didn't give but 450 on ebay three years ago for the whole thing.
  2. my controller went south as well

Mine was giving E0 which is no power to motor. I was also able to jump it to get power. Karrier makes compatible controllers for our salters. $230 or so. I was able to get the connectors and jump the neg and use a momentary switch to get it going. I't ain't pretty but it will do till i find and OEM for a fair price. I wonder if snow-ex rebuilds them?