1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help with colorado

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 99zr2, Mar 8, 2008.

1. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

I got a friend at work with a 04? Colorado with a major problem. From what he had told me so-far the truck had a recall for some sorta valve problem that involved ruff idle. He had brought it back for the recall to be fixed because his truck was suffering from this problem. The fix was to rebuild the entire valve train.

So he gets the truck back and now about 3,000 to 4,000 miles later ( Iam guessing on the mileage) he is getting ridiculously poor gas mileage. He is telling me that it is getting around 8 to 10 mpgs. He is very concerned about it because he drives his truck about 120 to 150 miles a day.

Any help he can get would be very appreciated.

If I can get any more info or any questions you guys have I will ask.

Thanks in advance
    Josh

2. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

Yea, something with the valve seats falling out of the head i think? My father had this recall as well.. Anyway, there isnt a ton he can do on his own to rectify his problem other then possibly basic maint. items.. If i were him id take it back to that dealer..

3. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

After your dad got his truck back did he get really bad gas mileage? That is the main part of this question. He drives a ton of miles a week and at todays gas prices he cant afford to get 8 to 10 mpg.

I should also add that he has no performance mods done to his truck. The only thing that is not stock is the tires. They are the same size as stock but he is running BFG AT's.

4. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

No he gets around 15 last time i heard.. It would be worth it to check it out by a trained professional..