1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with cab and mirror strobes!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by snowplowdom, Nov 8, 2011.

1. snowplowdom

snowplowdom Junior Member
    from Chicago

Hey everyone,

I'm new here and am planning on plowing this season. I've been researching for a while and I would like to strobe the cab and mirror lights on my 05 F350. The problem is I can't seem to find a good write up on what I need and how I can go about doing it. I also wanted to add two strobe grill lights but I'm not sure if its possible to have all of these on the same pattern. Any help would be much appreciated. :mechanic:

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Check out the atomic cab led lights, they can be cab lights and they can flash. There was a write up on here on how to make your mirrow marker lights flash, go thru and read back a couple pages I this section and you'll find it. You can do the grille strobes, but you may find out they won't do you much good as the plow will cover them up and the flash from the bulb will flash back at you if there is snow stuck to the plow.

All these would be seperate flash patterns. The cab lights would be diff from the mirrow lights and the grille lights would be diff also. It is possible to get them close to the same pattern but they won't all be the same.

3. snowplowdom

snowplowdom Junior Member
    from Chicago

Thanks for the help. Didn't really think about the grille light issue lol. I already have the cab lights on my truck, is there any chance of just strobing them? I have read through a lot of posts about it but i cant seem to figure out exactly whats involved or how its done.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

You'd need a halogen flasher to get them to flash. The atomics look almost exactly like the OE ford style lights.

5. DaveCN5

DaveCN5 Senior Member

If you replace all of the lights with LED's you can synchronize all of them to the same flash pattern using a Whelen ULF44 flasher.