1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help with bid.

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Longae29, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Wondering if someone can do a bid for me. This property manager is "asking me" for a bid for a 325,000 sq ft. parking lot, she says I can get it if my price is right. Can you guys prepare the bid for me, then email it to me, also tell me what kinda trucks I should use, and how much salt, and sidewalk labor I need too. I tried looking at my keyboard but there isnt a search button, I "already know" what i want to charge, just seein if you guys came in mulch the same as me, I don't wanna get burnt on this one. If you dont give me a 100% straight answer, you probably just have a lot of posts and ain't know what you're talking about.

2. Longae29

bump, c'mon guys.

3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Let me get right on that for you.:salute:

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If you provide the address, I can charter a jet so I can get an aerial view. Then I will contact NOAA for the previous 20 years of snowfall data. I will calculate your drive time, analyze salt usage, then rent a conference room at the Hilton so I can give you a full PowerPoint presentation. Would that be OK?

As for trucks, you definitely want a cummings. They only have one turbo, which is of course mulch better. And you don't need no ballast with that truck. Bosch plows r good 4 u 2 use.

Or, just bid it for $100 a pass, or $50K for the season. Let me know what works best for you and your busy schedule of watching TWC.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

It's been over an hour! Do you want my help or not!?!?!?

6. Longae29

U just think u know a lot cuz you got 1,100 posts. Ur ideas sounds good but theres gotta be someone else who can help me mulch more than u. C'mon guys, I need this by the end of today.

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

LMmulchO :drinkup:

8. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Dont be a ASS to this guy, help him out....

.... Dont listen to this guy you dont want a cummins, You need a Few S-10's or Rangers.

If you really want to speed up the plow time I'd put big equipment on the lot... So maybe a F150 would work well for you.

Salt I'm not sure... Depends on how much you put down per event.... But if you take the whole family to WENDY's for lunch & Dinner, however many salt packets they can fit in there pockes should be enought.

9. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

I caunt doo mulch fur yu if yuo dont postt a wurthlesss map. xysport

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

When you said biq equipment, I was thinking Dakota or T100.

But an F150? Wow! Short bed or long? You must have spent a long time doing the math to justify the big stuff.

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

E Mail sent with the bid packet. I think it looks good with color graphs on your winter total ,production times for plowing salting totals with 6 different kinds of spreaders ,also tossed in a sidewalk calculation and types of shovels that will be used.Also gave them several payment plans.I had the insurance company also work out any details for slip and fall claims . And lastly the lawyers signed off on to ,they said they will take care of any problems through out the season.

12. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

GV, you continue to raise the bar. I would tell you you're my hero, but I already said that to a couple other guys this week.

13. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

They needed a second opinion :D

14. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Well you know I alway say go big or go Home!

15. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I just broke the 1,000 mark to become a PS Addict. I didn't realize that all the newbees wouldn't respect me anymore.:confused:

16. Longae29

bump it up~!

17. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

columbo.jpg

:::what does mulch have to do with this?:::

columbo.jpg

18. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

Longae. made me laugh. Mulch still going on around here. A150 short box would be too mulch truck for that lot. Ask her how mulch she paid last year. Tell her you have too mulch equipment and really need the work, your kids eat too mulch food, and you never got mulch money from obama. How mulch snow do you usually get? Got to go I am mulch too busy getting the rigs ready.

19. Longae29

I was actually doing a search for something, and I came across this thread where I was asking for help, and I was like what the....?

20. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Would you quit posting that picture of yourself. :cool: