1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help With Bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by lizard, Sep 5, 2010.

1. lizard

lizard Junior Member

Im looking for some help with a bid on this lot, i am going to do it with a 8 Foot Plow on a 3/4 ton pick up and also when gets really heavy a bobcat with a 9 foot leo plow but mainly will only use pick-up, the lot is 75175 sq ft pretty simple to plow!

Am looking for what people would charge per time for shoveling sidewalks,plowing, and salting!

Also what you would charge per time just salting.

If anyone one could also give me a per year rate for plowing that would be great, we average approx 12 snowfalls per year.

Im Located in Minnesota.

Thanks for all of youre help :)

azzy bar.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  2. danknight60

danknight60 Member

lucky guy i would say $10 a spot and if your goner salt $15 a spot (spot = car parking spot) good luck and happy plowing
  3. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I've got to ask, where are you going to put all the snow? It doesn't look like there is much room for it if you plan to clear the lot completely. If you have to push the snow around a lot it will add to your time significantly.

Also, are you sure Minnesota only gets 12 snowfalls a year? I have no data it just seems like it would be more!
  4. lizard

lizard Junior Member

Snow Allocation

Most of the snow i will pile in the farthest corners away from the building till we need to move to another location, and yes we base all of out snowfalls on 12 times per year, doesnt seem like that many but thats our average.

Thanks for any input.
  5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I'd ballpark that one at a little under 2 hours given your plow size and location of the piles.
  6. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

what part of minn. only gets 12 plowable events a year? i live in south dakota...4 hrs. west of mpls...we get on the average 17, we bid them at 23 pushes.
  7. Martinson9

Martinson9 Senior Member

I wonder if everyone is using the same "trigger"?

According to the NWS stats I use Minnesota gets 8.3 snowfalls of 2 inchese or more and 15.7 of 1 inch or more. I'm not sure where he came up with 12.
  8. By"US"Snow

By"US"Snow Junior Member

$6,500 Seasonal
  9. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

12 times seems low to me. I work in the metro area of mn and 16 is my number. The last two years were actually more depending on trigger. And salting is even more. No wonder why some of the bids ive lost have gone for so cheap, there basing it off of 12 events.

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Was that a serious response?

Do the Math the average of 8.3 and 15.7 is 12 HAHA

Advice is raise you average to account for extra no need to try and cut it close. It is not always being the lowest price. We have picked up a few accounts this year and we were middle of the road just by showing the client we cared and they weren't just a number. Unless this is a government account don't try and be the lowest.
  11. TwoBrosLawn

TwoBrosLawn Member
    from 53223

according to the farmers almanac the upper midwest is suppose to get 90+ inches of snow this year....I would be bidding that account at 16 for sure....i just got 4 site plans i have to bid on inch/seasonal...16 is my number 2 of them are close to each other i might go 15 on those 2.
  12. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

are you talking about 16 as in number of plows? we did 18 last year, and that was a below average year, if we get 90+'' you are going to do a hell of a lot more than 16 plows.