1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with bid "PLEASE"

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by scotty2222, Oct 17, 2005.

1. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

I just started out my self this year and was only going to do residential only. Started to pass out fliers at houses and peolpe are calling about commercial accounts. Can any one help with my first bid?

The lot is an L shaped lot with about 55 parking spaces and one entrance about 75ft long. Another thing is salt, I will be salting by the bag with a tailgate spreader how much to use and at what price per bag

Thanks alot
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I get $20.00 per 50lbs. but prices vary in different regions.
  3. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

Thanks the Boss
    What about a price for the lot it was a 55 car lot in an L shape only one side has the biulding on it and the drive is about 75ft long this is my biggest problem. Thanks for any info. If anyone wants you can e-mail it to scotty2@peoplepc.com
  4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I would more than likely bid that hourly but without seeing it in person, I can't make any final decisions.
  5. QualityKutz01

QualityKutz01 Junior Member

I agree with the Boss. Bid it hourly. My rate in MI is $125.00 per hour with a minimum rate per visit. That will just depend on the size of the lot. As far as salting I need to move where the Boss lives. I only get around $15.00 per 50lb. bag of salt. If you have any more questions feel free to ask!
  6. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

I looked at the lot again and I think the lot should take around an 30 minutes to claer, so at 125.00 an hour should I bid them for 60-70.00? This with 1-4 inches of snow.
  7. ironworks01

ironworks01 Member

I agree.....
    75-80 for 2-4 with 2 in trigger
    100.00-125.00 for 4-6
    as far as salting that's tough I have a v-box with sand/salt mix
    I would bid it at 85.00-90.00 using maybe a yard of material
    paying 25-35 a yard my cost
    good luck